Re: Need Advise Regarding DOCTORS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by on April 12, 19100 at 09:29:36:

In Reply to: Re: Need Advise Regarding DOCTORS posted by Pamela Madsen on April 11, 19100 at 17:26:02:

: : I need help in regards to doctors. I have been seeing a GYN/Infertility doctor for 2 years now and I am very confused and upset. Two years ago, we found that my husband had abnormal sperm (86% abnormal) and was put on clomid which made it better. I guess my Im upset because now my doctor is saying there is no reason why we shouldn't concieve and to give it 3 more months and then put me on 50mg clomid and took my husband off. He said that if we weren't pregnant in 3 months, we should do a lap... something. Sorry. He said we would have to check my tubes for blockage. My question is - shouldn't this have been 2 years ago???? I am to the point of finding a new doctor, but really don't know how. Any advise would help.

: : Thank you.

: Dear Julie,
: You need to find a new doctor and that new doctor should be a reproductive endocrinologist. Where do you live, maybe we can help.
: Pam

Dear Pam,

I live in Jackosonville, Florida. Have we wasted 2 years with this doctor. I guess Im just worried that if I do get a new doctor (repro. endo.), that we will have to start over. I am not familiar with infertility in regards to our options or drugs. I know about clomid, but other than that - nothing. Ive seen people talk about IUI's - I don't even know what that is. I may sound young and stupid, but Im 31 yrs. old and maybe have listened to this doctor too much. I know that when I have asked questions, he has indicated "don't worry, stop stressing, we have a long way to go yet". I just felt as if he was not wanting to talk with me and was blowing me off. HELP!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup