Re: question for Dr. Barad

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by on June 12, 19100 at 21:08:44:

In Reply to: question for Dr. Barad posted by Tiffany on June 12, 19100 at 18:37:33:


I assume your doctor wants you to do a "post-coital test" (abbreviated PCT though when I was in Boston we abbreviated it PK test, interesting regional differences). This test should be done around the time just before ovulation, the same time that you are most likely to concieve. You can't "hurt" the pregnancy first of all because the doctor doesn't enter the uterus and second of all because you won't be pregnant if you haven't ovulated yet. You will have to discuss with your doctor when you think that preovulatory time falls in your cycle while you are taking clomiphene (clomid).

Good Luck.

Dr. Barad

: Dr. Barad, I started clomid just this month and will do 2-3 cycles depending on how bad endo becomes. Doctor wanted to test to make sure my body is not killing off my husbands sperm. When would be the best time to do the test? I ovulate in 1 week and I don't want to take any chances on hurting a could be pregnancy. thank you so much for all your help. Sincerely, Tiffany

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup