Do I need gyn or repro dr. for laparoscopy (NYC)?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maria on May 03, 19100 at 17:13:20:

I need a laparoscopy in NYC for diagnosis and
treatment of a probable bilateral hydrosalpinx,
or possibly endometriosis or bilateral TOA. I
am 34 and and want to have children, but am not
trying to conceive now or in the next 2 years.

I have received conflicting advice as to whether
the laparascopy should be done by (1) essentially
any good ob-gyn; (2) an ob-gyn who indicates he/she
specializes in gynecological or reproductive surgery;
or (3) a doctor certified or specializing in
reproductive endocrinology and fertility.
Resolve recommended that infertility doctors,
but will they be interested in what may be
essentially "preventive" infertility care? I
welcome your advice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup