Re: Dye test??? what is it?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association PCOS Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ellen Bender on April 05, 19100 at 13:56:05:

In Reply to: Dye test??? what is it? posted by Liz on April 05, 19100 at 12:19:55:

My guess is that the "dye test" your doctor referred to is a hysterosalpingogram. It is one of the basic tests in an infertility work up and it involves shooting dye up through the cervix into your uterus and tubes to look for, among other issues, tubal problems. Some women find the procedure uncomfortable. I took 3 advil before hand and only experienced very mild cramping (not even as much as a menstrual period.) Please feel free to write with any other questions. Ellen Bender

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup