Posted by Anon on May 15, 19100 at 12:07:05:
In Reply to: Cornell vs. NYU for IVF posted by vanessa on May 15, 19100 at 11:03:28:
: I thought I'd made my decision to try Cornell, but I haven't. Any suggestions or stories to aid me in making a final decision would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail address is included.
: Thanks for your help.
Sorry about the Anon posting, but there is a reason behind it, and I currently only have access to work email, so I couldn't email you privately.
Both Cornell and NYU are great programs, it really depends what your diagnosis is, and what's important to you, here are a few pro's and con's to help you with your decision. I've seen both, and ended up with NYU, I was EXTREMELY happy with NYU!
1. If you need TESA, definately stick with Cornell
2. If you are an 'older woman' stick with Cornell, as NYU has their best rates with 'youger' women.
3. At NYU you get to see one of 5 great Dr.s everytime you are there, at Cornell they have many Dr.s and residents and it is sometimes hard to get a straight answer to a tough question especially if a resident sees you.
4. At Cornell your chance of seeing your own Dr is MUCH lower than at NYU
5. cornell is a bigger program (though NYU is big too, and has great success rates, and an excellent lab), it is more 'commercial', NYU somehow is more pateint freindly in every aspect.
Post a Followup