Re: help! Need a doctors advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on July 24, 19100 at 10:02:34:

In Reply to: help! Need a doctors advice posted by allie on July 23, 19100 at 13:08:04:

Emily, what part of the country are you in? That would determine some of the referrals for REs. Also, I do recommend making an appt with your old RE's office for a consultation--don't just accept it at face value that "she doesn't want to treat you anymore." At a minimum, he or she should sit down and give you recommendations on how to proceed.

You might look at the big book on data from infertility clinics (the CDC data--it's on a lot of websites) to see who uses donor sperm. Your husband's status shouldn't matter so long as you are and remain HIV negative, and you are using donor sperm! Check the websites of a lot of the big clinics too, too see if they do those programs. Good luck!

: Please- see my previous post- I could use some names of
: RE's that may help us to go through IVF with donor sperm?
: My Husband is HIV + and under excellent care. Since we were originally going to have this
: IVF done this june but we found out about him. Now his
: doctor says there is no reason why we don't go for our
: IVF using donor sperm- I have called my doctor twice to
: go ahead and begin again and she has not returned my calls-
: I know she has gotten them but I guess she doesn't want to help anymore- can anyone
: possibly give me tha name of someone who would help us?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup