Re: Help!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roseanne on July 14, 19100 at 10:51:45:

In Reply to: Help!! posted by Shayna on July 13, 19100 at 18:06:10:

Dear Shayna:

A myomectomy (surgical removal of myomas, or fibroids) must be done by an expert surgeon. I would definitely get a second opinion and try to find a doctor who has lots of experience with performing this skilled operation.

I had a myomectomy several years ago in New York. It is major surgery and requires bed rest for several weeks. I was up and about in no time, because my doctor did a superb job. My twin sister, who lives in a small town in another state, had the same operation and was incapacited for months!

Good luck!

: I am a 24 year old who was just diagnosed with Uterine Fibroids. My OB/GYN has suggested that they try to remove them. If they do that she says I will not be able to carry a pregnancy to term because they will remove part of the uterine walls with them. I am so upset about this but I don't feel like I want to give up on having children yet. I am not sure where to go next. Should I have a second opinion? Would going to an RE help things any? I would appreciate any help!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup