Re: Need to find a doctor in Pa.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ American Infertility Association PCOS Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ellen Bender on May 25, 19100 at 15:49:19:

In Reply to: Need to find a doctor in Pa. posted by Lisa K. on May 19, 19100 at 16:21:08:

Lisa: Where in Pennsylvania are you? I know of PCOS aware doctors in the Philadelphia area as well as Penn State Hershey. In terms of the weight issue, you are not alone. Many of us with PCOS struggle with weight issues. Low carb diets can help. You may want to check the transcript of our recent on line chat with Martha McKittrick, a NYC based nutritionist who had some helpful advice about low carb diets. You may also want to consider one of the insulin sensitizing medications like metformin. Many women with PCOS are finding it easier to lose weight while taking these medications. Talk to your doctor about testing to see whether you are insulin resistant and/or whether he prescribes metformin to his/her non-insulin resistant and non-diabetic PCOS patients. In terms of trying to get pregnant, are you seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. There are fertility medications that are regularly used with success with women with PCOS. Again, if you don't have a doctor, let me know where in Pennsylvania you are located and we can try to point you in the right direction. Ellen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup